One adoptees' attempt to explore the conflicting feelings of having been adopted, and the impact this has had on her life, her choices and her experiences. Welcome to "The Adoption Void."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, Ohio, United States

I am a female adoptee born in May of 1971. I initially began this journey to explore my feelings about my adoption and to decide if I wanted to seek out my birth family. I have since been happily reunited with my birth siblings! I do have more than one blog on blogger.com - one for adoption, one for everything else. Unless adoption has touched your life, you'll probably find the "everything else" much more fun to read!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

"Fla. Highway Crash Kills 7 Adopted Kids"

I am feeling a bit disgusted with reporters this morning. As if this wasn't enough of a tragedy, why is the fact that these poor little angels were adopted important enough to mention in both the headline and the story? Will their parents somehow grieve them less? Are we supposed to think, "well thank goodness they weren't the parents' 'real' kids"? What the hell is the POINT of even mentioning it? Why is this in any way relavent to the story? Is this supposed to be less of a loss because they are adopted?

Please, please take a moment and send a letter to info@ap.org and let them know your feelings about their choice to specify that these children were adopted. Ask why it was important to mention this. Ask what they hoped to convey by mentioning it.

1 Comments:

Blogger everyscarisabridge said...

i was thinking this exact same thing this morning when i heard the story!

January 26, 2006 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home