One adoptees' attempt to explore the conflicting feelings of having been adopted, and the impact this has had on her life, her choices and her experiences. Welcome to "The Adoption Void."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, Ohio, United States

I am a female adoptee born in May of 1971. I initially began this journey to explore my feelings about my adoption and to decide if I wanted to seek out my birth family. I have since been happily reunited with my birth siblings! I do have more than one blog on blogger.com - one for adoption, one for everything else. Unless adoption has touched your life, you'll probably find the "everything else" much more fun to read!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Just Like Me

Have you seen it?  Do you even know what it is?  Well let me tell you about it – then I’ll tell you where to find it!

“It” is a new song/video created by Darryl McDaniels/Lovelace aka Run DMC and Sarah Mclachlan.  It’s a remake/rewrite of the old Harry Chapin song, “Cats In The Cradle,” remember that?

Darryl recently did a special for VH1 about his adoption journey.  Yup, he is “Just Like Me!”  It is an incredible documentary.  They are re-airing it several times so if you haven’t had a chance to see it, you still can.  In the special, Darryl talks about how at one time in his life, he was incredibly suicidal.  Listening to the song “Angel” by Sarah Mclachlan kept him going.  So, when he decided to do “Just Like Me,” he reached out to Sarah and asked her to collaborate, since he felt she was a driving force in his journey.  What did he learn when he contacted her?  She is also an adoptee.

The song/video they created is indescribable.  It’s something you just have to see for yourself.  Make sure you load that in Internet Explorer, it won’t work in Firefox.

To learn more about the VH1 special, check out their website.  You can even have them remind you of when it will be showing!

In the meantime – check out the video – it is so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home