One adoptees' attempt to explore the conflicting feelings of having been adopted, and the impact this has had on her life, her choices and her experiences. Welcome to "The Adoption Void."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, Ohio, United States

I am a female adoptee born in May of 1971. I initially began this journey to explore my feelings about my adoption and to decide if I wanted to seek out my birth family. I have since been happily reunited with my birth siblings! I do have more than one blog on blogger.com - one for adoption, one for everything else. Unless adoption has touched your life, you'll probably find the "everything else" much more fun to read!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Amazing how a simple phone call can make you stupid happy

Don’t get too excited, this isn’t about adoption. LOL 

I just got off the phone with my best friend T.  Read the previous two posts for background. 

I’m on cloud 9 over here, grinning like a Cheshire cat. 

What is of primary importance to me is that despite my foolish behavior, he still loves me, is still the same friend he always was.  It was as if no time had passed at all, we picked up where we left off aside from having news to share – like he’s going to be an uncle in about 3 weeks.  I’m blown away that his little sister is going to be a mommy – in my mind, she’s still a young’un.  LOL  She’s not, she’s about 26 now.  I mean, I “knew” her age of course, even when we were still talking day in and day out – I just didn’t think of her as being old enough to be a mom, which of course she is and has been for a long time!  His dad and mom (in particular) are excited about becoming grandparents – I’m excited for all of them.  And since they know the baby is going to be a boy, Auntie Heart is going to go do some shopping this weekend!  Whee!

There was other news and sharing, of course, most of it personal. 

Talking to him, I felt safer and more secure than I’ve felt in a long time.  When he finally reads this blog, he’ll know the exact moment in our conversation when that safety and security came flooding back.  It’s one of those ritual-like things I mentioned in an earlier post.  It was such a relief for me.  Physical, emotional, mental – total relief.  I feel like this enormous weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I’m going to bed now.  Happy.  Going to bed happy, that’s a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home