One adoptees' attempt to explore the conflicting feelings of having been adopted, and the impact this has had on her life, her choices and her experiences. Welcome to "The Adoption Void."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, Ohio, United States

I am a female adoptee born in May of 1971. I initially began this journey to explore my feelings about my adoption and to decide if I wanted to seek out my birth family. I have since been happily reunited with my birth siblings! I do have more than one blog on blogger.com - one for adoption, one for everything else. Unless adoption has touched your life, you'll probably find the "everything else" much more fun to read!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Word Clouds"

I don't know how many of you have checked out the very cool blogs I've linked to on the left, but I try and read them every day. I'm still catching up on some of the archived posts in them, but as I do so, I am just more and more inspired all the time. These are some VERY neat people!

Today, I was reading on "Crunchy Granola." If you haven't checked Susan's blog out yet, make sure you do. She and her partner Politica are raising a cool little girl she calls "Curious Girl." I love that! Anyway, Susan blogged about her "Word Cloud" a few days ago. I thought this was so very cool, I decided to make one for myself. These are actually intended for t-shirts you buy, which I'm not interested in doing right now. But when you visit their site, it "crawls" your blog and creates a Word Cloud for you based on words found in posts on your blog. So I had it do mine. I wasn't completely happy with the list it auto-generated, so I made a few changes, and then I kept a copy. Then I decided I was bored, and that I didn't want my "Word Cloud" to be two-color. So, I made my own! I just really liked the concept. I think I'll end up printing mine out and making a framed print of it. Maybe I'll do more of these over time and create a "wall of words" detailing different times in my life.

I really like words - words as art, even better.

So thanks Susan, for letting us know about "Word Clouds!" (And let me know if you want a full-color one for yourself - least I can do!)







2 Comments:

Blogger Heartened said...

P.S.:

If anyone else wants one, drop me an email. I'll need a list of 100 words you want me to use. Other than word changes, it will be identical to the one I've posted - it takes a long time to change colors, fonts, positions, etc. and I'm lazy. LOL But since I think these are pretty cool, I wanted to offer.

February 02, 2006 2:31 AM  
Blogger susan said...

What a kind offer! Can you work with the word cloud that's up in that entry on my blog? Or do I need to get you a new list of words?

I really appreciate the kind words about my writing, too. I like the connections blogging helps foster; thanks for reading what I've been writing and for putting your thoughts up here.

And of course, thanks for liking my kid!

February 03, 2006 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home