One adoptees' attempt to explore the conflicting feelings of having been adopted, and the impact this has had on her life, her choices and her experiences. Welcome to "The Adoption Void."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, Ohio, United States

I am a female adoptee born in May of 1971. I initially began this journey to explore my feelings about my adoption and to decide if I wanted to seek out my birth family. I have since been happily reunited with my birth siblings! I do have more than one blog on blogger.com - one for adoption, one for everything else. Unless adoption has touched your life, you'll probably find the "everything else" much more fun to read!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Damn those pins and needles

I found them.

Yes, you read that right.  I found them.  Last night, middle of the night, through sheer happenstance and coincidence, I found them.  I found her, her new husband, her ex-husband and all her kids.  It even looks like she had a baby boy about a year and a half after I was born with her new husband.  Cool, a baby brother! 

There are six older siblings.  So if her new husband’s son is also hers, she had 8 kids, total.  I think two of them died at birth or shortly thereafter.  I can’t find any record of them after they were born, anywhere. 

I have a phone number for one of my sisters.  I’ve tried it a few times but only gotten an answering machine.  I’ll keep calling until I get a real person and then try to get my mother’s phone number from her.

In the meantime, I’m sitting here on pins and needles.  God, this is scary.

7 Comments:

Blogger everyscarisabridge said...

How exciting! I'm officially glued to your blog.

March 16, 2006 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! WOW! WOOOOO HOOOOO!

(me again)

i sincerely hope you find what you are looking for, what you NEED.

i remember how hard it was between finding and contact. i was sooo impatient. i knew that we were a match, but it took the website host several days to contact her to verify the match.

after that . . . . well. try to be patient with each other. as a first mom, it was very hard to try to be upbeat as i realized all that i'd lost, which could never be replaced. i don't think i ever truly grieved for my daughter until we were in reunion. now i just try to go forward, backward isn't a good place.

March 16, 2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

OMG, How exciting! Siblings - like you had hoped! Yahoo!!!!

Congrats!

Hugs,

Cookie

March 17, 2006 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

September 27, 2006 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet these people that give there chidren up for adoption i bet they have the right to know there birthfamily history and medical back ground but adopted people ard denied this right to know any famiy history something seems wrong here

September 27, 2006 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if these people that give there chidren up for adoption wanted there right to privacy they should have thought about that before thy did it they had no right to take away the adopted persons rights i acnt beive that they didnt think they could get pregnant they just dont care the laws should not support these people that dont care about not wanting to raise a child so lets give it up for adoption that to me is not right

September 27, 2006 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can get a ticket for speeding but im denied the right to know my birthfamily i cant beleve speeding is more important than not knowing your birthfamiy i no its not right to speed but i dont think its right to be denied of knowing who your birthfamiy is either

September 27, 2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home